Foreign residents

Foreign applicants residing in France or in the UK can present their application to the American Consulate in Paris or London without any inconvenience.

Non-EU nationals who decide to apply in Paris or London will have to prove their ties to France or to the UK by providing documents such as: temporary or permanent residence permit, employment contract, payslips, bank or personal references, return plane ticket to the country of residence or origin.

Please consult your local U.S. consulate’s website as rules and procedures change frequently.

Certain airline companies require that your passport be valid six months after your return date.