Foreign residents

In France, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg or the UK

Foreign students residing in France or in the UK can present their application to the American Consulate in Paris or London without any inconvenience.

Non-EU nationals who decide to apply in Paris or London will have to prove their ties to France or to the UK by providing documents such as: temporary or permanent residence permit, rent receipts, bills, employment contract, payslips, bank references, any other personal reference, return plane ticket to the country of residence or origin.

Your passport must be valid six months after the end date of your summer job.

Foreign students applying for their visa in other cities should check directly with the local U.S. consulate, as rules and procedures change frequently.